Kojima Discusses Next Project on Famitsu
There’s an interview in this week’s Famitsu with Metal Gear series mastermind Hideo Kojima. And not just any interview — a “special” interview.
Kojima speaks a bit about his next project, mentioning the following:
- The design doc is almost finalized
- The platform will be a console
- This is the “Taboo” he Tweeted about in the past
- He hopes to realize stuff he couldn’t do in Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
- Asked for a release period, he responded something to the effect of “Once I’ve started moving, I’m quick.”
- ZOE’s development is being pushed back.
Some of this was mentioned in that bizarre bathroom live stream from Paris during E3.
He also seems to say something about being able to choose if his next project is original or Metal Gear Solid 5. I’m not sure if this means the game he’s working on can still end up being Metal Gear Solid 5, or if he’s saying that at one point in the past he had the choice of making MGS5 or making an original project, and he ended up making whatever it is he’s making.
More details from the interview will hopefully surface throughout the day.